Tuesday, September 18, 2012

St. Tropez Mousse

I'm Mary Clay, and I'm a bronze-o-holic.

Hiii, Mary Clay.


Most children grew up with their mothers harping "Sunscreen, Sunscreen, Sunscreen!!" Allie and I grew up with a mother harping "Tanner, Tanner, Tanner!!" Love you Mom, but it's true :) I left the tanning beds behind in college- for the most part- I confess I've been like 5 times over the past 5 years. Don't judge... I can feel you judging. I loooove laying out, but let's get real, it's not doing my skin any favors. I got super into Versa Spa for a good 2 years- like going every Friday morning of my LIFE, and while I learned from the expert Emily :) of how to make this work for me, in the end the monthly charge of $80 was taking a hunk out of this budget. Not to mention... This conversation happened while Crawford and I were on a run (of all times) about a year ago:


C: Hey, we need to talk about something. I've been wanting to bring this up for a while now.
Me: (GULP. Welp. This is it... At least we're running... I can run home and cry. And eat ice cream).
C: Your spray-tanning. I hate it. It smells and it doesn't even look that good.
Me: (That's as bad as a break-up!!!!!!!!!!!) Well it's not stopping... I am not stopping it!
C: But you look great as you are! Without that shiz all over you!
Me: YOU'VE NEVER SEEN ME WITHOUT A TAN, SO HOW DO YOU EVEN KNOW??!

Notice I said this convo was about a year ago... It took me another year+ to realize he was right (and/or to listen to this request... so sor, sor). Long of the short, after Versa, Mystic, actual sprays from a person, and countless creams/gels/younameit, I've found the end-all, be-all, tan-savior of all-time!! Thank you, Benna, for pushing me to buy the St. Tropez Mousse and Mit.

St. Tropez Tanning Essentials - Self Tan Bronzing Mousse  St. Tropez Tanning Essentials - Tan Applicator Mitt

Y'all. You can see exactly where it's going on your bod, and it's instantly bronzing- ie no waiting around for 5 hours to see it. It does not smell badly, is not streaky, the mit keeps your palms oompa-loompa free, and it dries SUPER fast. Also, you're not sticky or wary of any clothing being ruined! It lasts for about 4 days, but you can layer more onto it without looking like a melting caramel cake. Annnnd, most importantly, it has C's stamp of approval. His words: The color is much more natural, and there's no smell. Win. WIN. Sephora sells it, so get your pasty booty to a store near you, asap.

No comments:

Post a Comment